Last updated April 8, 2020
Information for Renters, Homeowners, and Homebuilders by San Francisco Bay Area City and County
Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, how local governments are operating has changed. Some local laws and ordinances have shifted, and some locales have provided new resources in response to the crisis. This tool will let you look up information for your city or county in the Bay Area.
For each city and county we have information that’s relevant to home builders and to residents, including:
- How planning commissions and city councils are meeting (e.g., on Zoom or not at all)
- Who to contact if you’re a homebuilder
- What the general rules are about building housing right now
- Relevant updates for renters and homeowners (e.g. if there’s an eviction moratorium)
- Who to contact if you’re a renter and have questions or need assistance
How to Use the Tool
To use the tool, select either the Cities or Counties tab, then select the magnifying glass icon in the upper right of the box below. In the search box, type the name of your city or county, and the tool will highlight information that’s available for that locale.
The COVID-19 situation and rules are constantly changing. This information was gathered from elected officials and staff in the respective cities and counties and has not been independently verified but was current as of publication on April 8, 2020. If you have up-to-date information or questions, please reach out to [email protected].